Monday, April 16, 2012

you put the SUN in my SHINE...

...my fave quote stamp again "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams" Eleanor Roosevelt...
    Happy Monday all :)  I've been over at Scrap Sanity with Tiff most of the w/e joining in with her team in the Creative Colour Spectacular Cyber Crop.. AND you might like to know that YOU still have time to create for the challenges - as the deadline isnt until Thursday night (AEDT).
...the colours are: chocolate, maroon, blue and cream...
This is the colour challenge #2 - using the above colour palette to create my layout.
 The catch was I had to use at least 3 different patterned papers on the layout including at least one handmade embellishment.  So...keeping to this criteria...I've used 3 Making Memories' pps and a Fancy Pants pp.
 I made those flowers at the top, with a little help from my Cuttle Bug and dies.  I've used microbeads on the butterfly chippie - just for something a little different.
The photo is of my 2 DGD's right after the elder DGD's first dance show.
In addition to the colour challenge at Scrap Sanity I'm also submitting this LO to Bird Is the Word - their latest word is "future" and I think these little girls have an amazing future ahead - provided they use all their potential and follow their dreams :)
I've once again designed my LO with inspiration from a sketch :)  This time I've used the April sketch release over at "Sketches with a Twist" where I was sent by one of my 'cyber' friends.  The "twist" was to use mesh on your project - It's a great sketch and was truly fun to work with, I've added (cream) mesh under the middle section of the LO for dimension and under the photo and quote for added texture - Thanks for the referral Kim - oh and btw - if you get a chance you should take a look at Kim's gorgeous blog and work :)

Supplies used for this LO:
pps: Making Memories {Note}worthy and Fancy Pants (Delight); Stamp-It stamp; Cuttle bug dies and nestabilities; chip board: Rachelle Minett (Sun Shine title) and Scrap FX (butterfly); mesh, Adornit alpha stickers; Martha Stewart punch; Helmar adhesives.
 Well, that's all for today...our camera is 'playing up' but hopefully will get a chance to photograph and upload some more LO's from the cyber crop tomorrow {hugs'n'hearts} Mazz xxx

9 comments:

Laurie said...

this is just gorgeous! love the flowers and the color theme, thanks for playing along with us at swat!!

Dolly B said...

I love that quote you Put the Sun in my shine :) You have done a fabulous job with the colour challenge, gorgeous layout Mazz

Hugs
Mary x

The Constant Scrapper said...

Hi Mazz: Your layout is just beautiful! Your photo is really darling, and I like the way you incorporated the mesh, not to mention that yummy color combo. Thanks so much for joining us in this month's Sketches With a Twist challenge. :-)
Janice

Lizzyc said...

HI.. this looks really lovely.. the colors are fabulous and what a great photo.. Thanks for joining in at Sketches with a twist!

LisaB said...

I love the color combo you used in this layout out. Thanks for playing along with Sketches with a Twist.
LisaB ~ SWAT DT

Cathy said...

Beautiful LO Mazz.. love how you altered your butterfly with beads.. looks fantastic!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at BITW :))

Kirsten said...

Lovely layout, the title is just beautiful.
Thanks for playing along with us at Sketches With A Twist.
Kirsten, SWAT-DT

Raechelle Bellus said...

I love the title! Your stamping/branches are wonderful as well. Thanks for creating and sharing your layout with SWAT!
Raechelle- SWAT design team.

ddazzled71 said...

What a wonderful combination of color and embellishment. It all combines wonderfully to make your gorgeous photo shine! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketches with a Twist this month.
Danie - SWAT DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Professional social network

I'm a WINNER

I'm a WINNER
Challenge #41

Thanks for this award Tina

Thanks for this award Tina
Click on the award to see her blog

Williams Photography NZ

Williams Photography NZ
WOW! Amazing

Becci's Domestic Bliss

Becci's Domestic Bliss
- I wanna get organised -

Scottie Crafts

Scottie Crafts
The Pink Store with crafts galore

I was picked in the Top 5

I was picked in the Top 5
Southern Girls

Scrap the boys

Photobucket

I was a winner Yipee

I was a winner Yipee
Southern Girls Challenge

Liebster Blog

Liebster Blog
for less than 200 blog followers

Quote of the Day

butterfly kisses

My fairy

Your fairy is called Columbine Goblinglitter
She is a bringer of riches and wealth.
She lives in mushroom fields and quiet meadows.
She is only seen in the light of a shooting star.
She wears lilac and purple like columbine flowers. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.

Thanks SO much for this award Sue

Thanks SO much for this award Sue
click on this pic to peek at Sue's Blog

Helmar

Helmar
THE best craft glue

Thank you Purple Poppy

Thank you Purple Poppy
Inspirational Blog Award

Thanks for this award Sue

Thanks for this award Sue
click on this link to visit Sue

YOU too can become a BUTTERFLY

YOU too can become a BUTTERFLY